Zhukova Veronika Sergeevna, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of Russian history, Vologda State University (15 Lenina street, Vologda, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The first third of the XX century in the history of our country is characterized by global changes in all spheres of society. They were associated with a change in the political system. The purpose of the article is to track how these changes have influenced the formation of the official holiday calendar, and to correlate it with the holidays that the peasants of the European North of Russia celebrated according to the diaries.
Materials and methods. The implementation of research tasks was achieved based on a study of published diaries of peasants of the European North of Russia. The methodological basis of the research is the principles of historicism and objectivity. To achieve this goal, we used the historical-comparative, historical-genetic and diachronous methods, which made possible to examine the studied phenomena at different time points and to identify the occurring changes.
Results. The calendars for 1911, 1921, 1925, 1931 are analyzed. The changes that have occurred in the official holiday calendar are revealed. The gradual transformational processes in the festive culture that take place among the peasant in these years are traced.
Conclusions. Based on the diary entries of the peasants of the European North of Russia, changes in the festive culture occurring after the establishment of Soviet power were traced.
1. Zhukova V. S. Istoriki. Pokoleniya. Vzglyady: materialy Vseros. nauch. konf. [Historians. Generations. Views:proceedings of All-Russian scientific conference]. Vologda: Vologodskiy gosudarstvennyy un-t, 2018, pp. 177–182. [In Russian]
2. Il'ina O. V. Nekrasovskie chteniya: materialy III Vseros. nauch. konf. [Nekrasov readings: proceedings of III All-Russian scientific conference]. Vologda: Vologodskiy gosudarstvennyy un-t, 2017, pp. 124–127. [In Russian]
3. Zhukova V. S. Ryabininskie chteniya – 2015 [Ryabinin readings – 2015]. Petrozavodsk; Kizhi: Gosudarstvennyy Istoriko-arkhitekturnyy i etnograficheskiy muzey-zapovednik, 2015, pp. 41–43. [In Russian]
4. Il'ina O. V. Povsednevnost' v rossiyskoy provintsii XIX–XX vv.: materialy Vseros. nauch. konf.: v 2 ch. [Everyday life in the Russian province in XIX–XX centuries: proceedings of All-Russian scientific conference: in 2 parts]. Perm: PGGPU, 2013, part 1, pp. 184–189. [In Russian]
5. Zhukova V. S. Istoricheskaya rusistika v XXI veke [Historical Russian studies in the XXI century]. Budapesht: Russica Pannonicana, 2017, pp. 379–385. [In Russian]
6. Sobranie uzakoneniy i rasporyazheniy pravitel'stva za 1917–1918 gg. [Collection of legalizations and orders of the government for 1917–1918]. Moscow: Upravlenie delami Sovnarkoma SSSR, 1942, pp. 300, 301. [In Russian]
7. Zhukova V. S. Gosudarstvo, obshchestvo, tserkov' v istorii Rossii XX–XXI vekov: materialy XV Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. [State, society, church in the history of Russia in XX–XXI centuries: proceedings of XV International scientific conference]. Ivanovo: Ivanovskiy gosudarstvennyy un-t, 2016, pp. 357–363. [In Russian]
8. Tot'ma: kraevedcheskiy al'manakh. Vyp. 2. [Totma: local history almanac. Issue 2]. Vologda: VGPU, 1997, pp. 243–517. [In Russian]
9. Vazhskiy kray: istochnikovedenie, istoriya, kul'tura: issledovaniya i materialy [Vazhsky Krai: source study, history, culture: research and materials]. Vel'sk: Vel'ti, 2002, pp. 192–230. [In Russian]
10. Na razlome zhizni. Dnevnik Ivana Glotova, pezhemskogo krest'yanina Vel'skogo rayona Arkhangel'skoy oblasti. 1915–1931 gody [On the break of life. Diary of Ivan Glotov, Pezhemsky peasant of the Velsky district of the Arkhangelsk region]. Moscow: KMTsPE In-ta etnologii i antropologii RAN: Vel'skiy rayonnyy kraevedcheskiy muzey, 1997, 324 p. [In Russian]
11. Ershov V. P. Kizhskiy vestnik: sb. st. [Kizhi bulletin: collected articles]. Petrozavodsk: Karel'skiy nauchnyy tsentr RAN, 2013, iss. 14, pp. 156–162. [In Russian]
12. Kizhskiy vestnik: sb. st. [Kizhi bulletin: collected articles]. Petrozavodsk: Karel'skiy nauchnyy tsentr RAN, 2013, iss. 14, pp. 17–149. [In Russian]